Wed, 20 Sept|
Self-Esteem Skill-Building Group
A programme to provide therapeutic education and discussion around the self-view
Time & Location
20 Sept 2023, 19:00 BST – 11 Oct 2023, 21:00 BST
About the event
Self-esteem is defined as the confidence in oneself and their abilities. Many factors can contribute to it or take away from it. These sessions are designed to provide insight into the structures that make us who we are and identify what actions we can take to consolidate the shortcomings of our growth.
We will look at psychological models and techniques to improve our inner self-talk, understand the effects of low self-esteem on our day-to-day reality, and learn exercises that boost our self-view.
At the end of the programme you should be in a better position to take positive risks, socialise more confidently and navigate life in a more self-actualised way.
These sessions will be ran by Shomi Williams - Psychological Therapist and Founder of Lafiya Health.
Group sessions take place weekly
September 20th - Session 1: Understanding self-esteem, core beliefs and unpacking negative self-talk
September 27th - Session 2: Interrogating one's self-view and maintenance cycle
October 4th - Session 3: Thought and behavioural tools to practice challenging negative self-perception
October 11th - Session 4: Connecting to the inner child and our personal values
- Each group session will start at 7pm BST (London)/ 8pm Lagos/2pm EDT (New York)/11am PDT (Los Angeles), and will last for approximately 1.5 hours - 2 hours.
- If you are currently in therapy, consult your therapist before attending these sessions.
- These sessions are designed to support you in your journey in self-awareness and move towards a balanced self-view.
- If you have 1 individualised session it is recommended that you attend 1-2 weeks after the last group session.
- Individual sessions can be booked up until December 31st 2023.
- Standard individual sessions are 30mins each.
- Group sessions are at set times, it is best if you attend live as they are interactive, recording will be sent after each session.
- You will be given homework, your progress will be correlated to your output and participation.
- This course focuses on giving information and improving different symptoms of distress often caused by low self-esteem, not specific diagnoses e.g. PTSD.
- Refund requests will be granted up until 14 days after purchase (or before 1st session begins), payment fees will be deducted.
- For any further queries email firstname.lastname@example.org.