Tue, 05 Dec|
Queen of The South Pub
Radical Reads - In-Person Meeting
To conclude our weekly meet-ups discussing about the Politics surrounding the Palestinian cause, we will be meeting to discuss "Palestine: A Socialist Introduction" with Hazem Jamjoum, a Historian in Middle Eastern and Islamic studies.
Time & Location
05 Dec 2023, 19:00 – 22:00
Queen of The South Pub, 367 Norwood Rd, Norwood, London SE27 9BQ, UK
About the event
Radical reads is a reading initiative designed to help us engage with writing that will strengthen political literacy and increase democratic participation.
We consider our selves an intermittent book club, that will run for 6 weeks at a time, allowing us to introduce our audiences to authors and literature on a range of topics.
Our book focus has been "Palestine: A Socialist Introduction". This book is available from Haymarket Books, and the e-book is downloadable for FREE!
To conclude our exploration of "Palestine: A Socialist Introduction", we will be meeting in-person with Hazem Jamjoum to further delve into the topic.
About Hazem Jamjoum
Hazem is a Historian in Middle Eastern and Islamic studies. His research interrogates the interrelations between capital, class, and state power through a commodity history of music production in Egypt between 1882 and 1952, using business and state archives, personal papers, music treatises, the periodical press and musical recordings. He has also worked as the Communications Officer of the Badil Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights (Bethlehem, Palestine) where he was editor in chief of the quarterly magazine al-Majdal. He also holds an MA in Arab and Middle Eastern Studies at the American University of Beirut.
Education is the first step to being an informed member of the political sphere and enforcing change. Join us on this journey to a more enlightened world.
We can't wait to meet you all!
- Please do not record the space, or take photographs featuring the faces of attendees
- Respect each other
- Remember that everyone will have different levels of understanding
- Take what is said in good faith
- Be open to sincere correction and redirection
- While we encourage people to share all that they learn and discuss in the group, please refrain from speaking negatively about others you shared the space with
- We are an educational platform who view literature through a political lens for the sake of increasing democratic engagement. We are in no way trying to persuade our members into any singular way of thinking.
- Ticket type
Free Ticket for all
All tickets are free and this session will take place online.Price£0.00