Wed, 08 Nov|
A therapeutic space to manage the difficult emotions that come with relationship loss.
Time & Location
08 Nov 2023, 19:00 GMT
About the event
The loss of an important relationship can be devastating and shifting of our entire self-view. The endings of such relationships can be pretty complicated, as are the feelings they evoke. For many, such endings can change how they view other relationships around them and their views on the nature of humanity. This programme supports people to healthilty process the difficult feelings that can arise from relationship loss, while remaining balanced in their self-view, their view of others and their future.
We will look at psychological models and techniques to improve our inner self-talk, understand the effects of heartbreak on our day-to-day reality, and look into past experiences that contribute to current distressed feelings.
Group discussions will be encouraged as hearing from others, while sharing your own experiences can be both educational and cathartic.
At the end of the programme you should be in a better position to self-soothe, feel optimistic about relationship-building and your future, be more accepting of your situation, and navigate life in a more self-actualised way.
These sessions will be ran by Shomi Williams - Psychological Therapist and Founder of Lafiya Health.
Group sessions take place weekly
- November 8th - Session 1: Rejection, abandonment and parental wounds commonly triggered by relationship loss
- November 15th - Session 2: Finding the balance between self-criticism, self-blame, enhanced sense of victimhood and accountability
- November 22nd - Session 3: Thought and behavioural tools to practice challenging negative self-perception/pedestalization of others
- November 28th - Session 4: Acceptance, secure attachment and recommitment to self
- Each group session will start at 7pm GMT (London)/ 8pm Lagos/2pm EDT (New York)/11am PDT (Los Angeles), and will last for approximately 1.5 hours - 2 hours.
- If you are currently in therapy, consult your therapist before attending these sessions.
- These sessions are for those dealing with the loss of an important relationship (romantic, familial, platonic or parental).
- This programme is NOT suitable for people that have experienced relationship loss via their loved one passing away, however Lafiya Health offers FREE monthly Grief Forums to support people dealing with such loss.
- If you have 1 individualised session it is recommended that you attend 1-2 weeks after the last group session.
- Individual sessions can be booked up until January 31st 2023.
- Standard individual sessions are 45mins each.
- Group sessions are at set times, it is best if you attend live as they are interactive, recording will be sent after each session.
- You will be given homework, your progress will be correlated to your output and participation.
- This course focuses on giving information and improving different symptoms of distress often caused by relationship, not specific diagnoses e.g. PTSD.
- Refund requests will be granted up until 7 days after purchase or before 1st session begins (whichever comes first), payment fees will be deducted.
- For any further queries email email@example.com.