Mon, 29 Jan|
Radical Reads - The Congo: From Leopold to Kabila - Week 2
Weekly meet-ups to learn and discuss about the Politics surrounding the Congo's history and crises.
Time & Location
29 Jan 2024, 19:00 – 20:00
About the event
Radical reads is a reading initiative designed to help us engage with writing that will strengthen political literacy and increase democratic participation.
We consider our selves an intermittent book club, that will run for 6 weeks at a time, allowing us to introduce our audiences to authors and literature on a range of topics.
Over 6 weeks, we will be hosting online meetings to check-in learn more and stay-up-to-date with any new developments.
Our book focus is "The Congo: From Leopold to Kabila: A people's history". This book is available as a free PDF. We'll be reading chapters 1 & 2 (pages 13-93) in time for our meeting.
We will also be consolidating this with information from "Amnesty Report: This is What We Die For" - a free PDF. We'll be reading "Background" (pages 14-18) in time for our meeting.
Education is the first step to being an informed member of the political sphere and enforcing change. Join us on this journey to a more enlightened world.
We can't wait to connect with you all!
- Please do not share the online meeting link with anyone, all attendees should register
- Please do not record the space
- Respect each other
- Remember that everyone will have different levels of understanding
- Take what is said in good faith
- Be open to sincere correction and redirection
- While we encourage people to share all that they learn and discuss in the group, please refrain from speaking negatively about others you share the space with
- We are an educational platform who view literature through a political lens for the sake of increasing democratic engagement. We are in no way trying to persuade our members into any singular way of thinking
- Ticket type
Free Ticket for all
All tickets are free and this session will take place online.Price£0.00